HO’O MA’E MA’E – Our Aloha Clean Promise
Ho’o ma’e ma’e is the Hawaiian word to make clean, disinfect, purify, and in the Hawaiian language can take on many meanings including clean house, spiritual cleanliness, clean body and mind, and pure spirit. When we approach one another with the pure intent of helping, and when we maintain a clean house and personal cleanliness, we are treating each other with respect and dignity and preventing each other from getting sick. It is these types of cleanliness that we all need to maintain in our dealings with one another.
Ho’o ma’e ma’e throughout our entire hotel property is our highest priority when it comes to protecting our valued guests, hotel team, and the Hawaiian community. That is why we are making our cleaning standards and practices transparent so you can have peace of mind when you stay with us.
As we all adapt to the new “normal” created by the current coronavirus pandemic we continue to work on and develop enhanced cleaning procedures based on official health and safety guidelines from the CDC. As the state releases new directives for safe re-opening and our policies adapt these measures may evolve and change as circumstances warrant, we will keep you informed of all the latest changes as they are implemented.
PRODUCTS WE USE
• Among the disinfectants and cleaning products we use are ABC Corporation® Neutral Disinfectant Cleaner, ABC Corporation® One Step Disinfectant Spray, and ALPET® D2 Surface Sanitizing Wipes. All are EPA-registered products proven to quickly kill viruses.
• ABC Corporation® Neutral Disinfectant Cleaner is a hospital-grade cleaner that quickly disinfects high touch point areas in 5-10 minutes and kills noroviruses in as little as 45 seconds.
• ABC Corporation® One Step Disinfectant Spray, is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial sanitizer, disinfectant deodorizer effective against MRSA, VRE and multiple drug-resistant bacteria and has been proven to kill bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
• ALPET® D2 Surface Sanitizing Wipes are a ready-to-use, no-rinse, lint-less wiping system for hard surfaces. These wipes clean and sanitize killing 99.999% of Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538) and Escherichia coli (ATCC 11299) on hard, non-porous surfaces in 60 seconds.
AROUND THE HOTEL
• No touch hand sanitizer stations set-up around the hotel at key guest entry points including all hotel entrances, front desk, restaurant and lounge entrances, buffet areas, elevator banks on each floor, meeting and function rooms, resort transportation vehicles, and back-office areas.
• More frequent cleaning of all public and back office spaces including the lobby, front desk counters, tables, seating areas, elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, and public restrooms.
• Enhanced cleaning in all guestrooms with extra focus on high-point touch areas including phones, TV remote controls, door handles and all hard surfaces of the room including counters, sinks, desks, chairs, tables, lamp switches, doorknobs, and handrails.
• All hard floors are cleaned with non-sticky, non-slip sanitizer, and we use swifter sweepers in guest bathrooms.
• Added plexiglass partitions at key guest interaction points to protect guests and employees during check-in and check-out.
FOOD & SAFETY
• Enhanced sanitation guidelines and training for all operational associates that includes increased hygiene and disinfecting practices of all restaurant dining rooms, serving areas and bars. All food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices.
PROTECTING OUR TEAM & YOU
• Equipped the team with disinfectant wipes and alcohol-based hand sanitizer on all Housekeeping carts.
• Daily training to all teams to ensure they are cleaning and disinfecting all public areas, rooms, and back office areas properly.
• Visible signage reminders for good health and hygiene practices.
•Temperature monitoring and requiring all employees who are sick to stay home.
• Practicing social distancing of at least 6 feet, use of face masks by team members and adding plexiglass partitions in back office areas.